Commonplaces
The following web sites will give you examples of Commonplaces that perhaps will jumpstart your own entries.
About Commonplace Books
Search Engine for Commonplace Quotes
The Book of Clichés
Commonplace Books and Quotation Sites
About Commonplace Books
Search Engine for Commonplace Quotes
The Book of Clichés
Commonplace Books and Quotation Sites


5 Comments:
Katie has the program down cold; take a look at her contributions. This is what I expect from everyone.
Good job, Katie.
By
Mr. Kenney, at 8/16/2006 10:17 PM
1."I love dance"-Samantha from Sex and the City
Comment: to this i say that i also love dance, it is my passion.
2."Love, isn't in the greatest ever" -DJ from Full House
Comment: Love has to be the best feeling ever, it just makes you feel so good.
3. "You know my style, I'll say anything to make you smile"- 50 cent
Comment: to make someone smile is the greatest thing you could ever do.
4."Nothings ever promised tomorrow today"-Kanye West
Comment: this is a true statement because tomorrow is filled with the unknown so you can never promise anything for tomorrow. You never know what will come up and what will happen.
5. "Over my Head"-The Fray
Comment: sometimes things just go over peoples heads. They forget to look at the finer things in life and just focus on the basics.
Posted For Sanya Harjani
By
Mr. Kenney, at 8/19/2006 1:32 PM
for Kristin Tsukamoto
"God is a God of necessity. He sets the morals. If people break them, that's their issue, not God's" --Dr. McDermott
--I agree with this quote I feel that the thoughts of God are that he makes guidelines and if someone so chooses not to follow them then that is their concern and not God's because he knows that they knew of the guidelines before hand.
"Everything comes too easy. Nowadays you just don't make the effort like you did in our day." -- Wesley Ko
--I feel that this pretty much sums up my generation. I feel that we have been decreasing the amount of hard work we used to put into things. I think we are pretty much the laziest generation, given we do have to occasional exceptions.
"You strip away all that stuff and focus on the essentials. When you realize that your going to die, you see everything much differently." --Morrie Schwartz
--This quote and the whole Tuesdays With Morrie book touched me. It makes me put into perspective just how precious life is and how fragile we all are.
"God always has a plan for us." --Leslie Tsukamoto *my mother*
-- Even though I have had more then my share of hard and trying times my mother has always been there to help me out and look at things in a positive light. I think, well I know, that I am a better person because of her words of enlightenment.
"If all that's good and true comes from heaven,
then what's a girl to do when it rains and I'm saying why, why, why, why
I'm shaking my fists in the dark and I'm asking why, why, why, why
why does it keep getting harder to say thanks, to say thanks" -- Nicole Nordeman "To Say Thanks"
-- I converted to Christianity about 7 years ago on Easter Sunday and I remember this particular song playing that day. This song means a lot to my family and I. It is so simple but yet so powerful.
"But all the story of the night told over,
And all their minds transfigured so together,
More witnesseth than fancy's images
And grows to something of great constancy." --Shakespeare A Midsummer Night's Dream
--I remember back in 9th grade reading this piece of work for the first time in my life. I played the role of Lysander when we performed it in front of the class. I love this play.
By
Mr. Kenney, at 8/19/2006 4:47 PM
For Ashton Steuer:
"But I can't help falling in love with you." Elvis Presley
I thought this saying was worth writing down because it is something that is very true with me.
"Words can fall short can't see the unseen." Jack Johnson
I like this quote because it is very true.
"You were lazy about it, you made me wait around." Jack Johnson
This quote relates to something that happened to me in my life.
"We're just human, amusing but confusing." Jack Johnson
When I read this quote I thought this is so true.
"Buy now and save, it's war for peace." Jack Johnson
In reading this quote it made me think of everything that is going on throughout the world in this day in time.
"I just want to see you beautiful smile everyday and physically be with you." Tyler Henry
My boyfriend said this to me the other night and I thought it was worth writing down because it Made me feel very good and I want the same thing.
By
Mr. Kenney, at 8/19/2006 5:52 PM
For Daria Pecorella, who posted these in the wrong place:
said...
Love, like a river, will cut a new path
whenever it meets an obstacle.
- Crystal Middlemas -
i like this becuase its so ture you always find a wy to make he one you love work.
You know you are in love
when you see the world in her eyes,
and her eyes everywhere in the world.
- David Levesque -
i like this becuase to love someone you haveto make sacrifices and comprimise..as it sas you have to see it though her eyes
Love is strong yet delicate.
It can be broken.
To truly love is to understand this.
To be in love is to respect this.
- Stephen Packer -
self explanitory how could you not love this
Love is not blind - It sees more and not less,
but because it sees more it is willing to see less.
- Will Moss -
this is just the perfect way to explian things.
To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you may be the world.
- Bill Wilson -
so cute so cheesy , but we know we say it ~!
9/04/2006 3:53 PM
By
Mr. Kenney, at 9/04/2006 4:20 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home