Commonplaces

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Week of August 21-25

Add Your Commonplaces for the Coming Week Here


Click on the link at the bottom of this comment and add your commonplaces to the window that says "Leave Your Comment."
  • Don't forget to comment on all five of your quotes.
  • Please sign your name at the bottom of your submission — I cannot always tell who you are from your email address or from your handle.
  • Post by Friday night, not Thursday.


Mr. Kenney

5 Comments:

  • For Kristin Tsukamoto:

    (Note, Kristin originally left this on a top-level comment which I erased because it was in the wrong place.
    _ Mr. Kenney)

    ::Quotes::

    "Work smarter, not harder." Mr, Sherbondy

    ~I wish I would have heard this a long time ago becausee then I would have stratagized my time wisely instead of diving into it and wanting to get it done,

    "Everyday is a gift from god." Leslie Tsukamoto (My mom)

    ~Given this statement was told to me when things weren't exactly going my way I truly believe this with all my heart and soul.

    "It's quite sad that we onlhy reflect on life when someone close to us dies." Ex Boyfriend Syed

    ~My great aunt died 4 days ago and this was his attempt to make me feel better. He does a lot of those deep, meaningful speeches. I do believe that this is true though we tend to live day to day thinking tat this life is a right when in fact it is a privilege.

    "How do you live your life when nobodys watching?" A poster in my math classroom.

    ~This kind of points out to me that we all have a mask that we use in front of others and as soon as we are alone we tend to take the mask off and stop the front if you will.

    "If you could only see the way she loves me. Then maybe you would understand why I feel this way about our love and what I must do. If you could only see how blue her eyes can be when she says, when she says she loves me." Tonic

    ~I think this quote from the song "if you could only see" shows that the true beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    "Inside peanut butter outside jelly." Cadillac Don

    ~Although this may sound a little awkward to most people this strategically is describing a car. Interesting huh? I know! :)

    8/22/2006 10:37 PM

    By Blogger Mr. Kenney, at 8/23/2006 10:24 AM  

  • For Emily Lowman:
    Emily Lowman

    "When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to your true self."
    -Bob Marley
    I like this quote because everyone seems to put on an act to impress the people we interact with everyday. Being youself is hows life is intended to be.

    "The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water; but to walk on the earth."
    -Chineese Proverb
    Everyone is always trying to out do themselves...make everything more technical and advanced. When the best invention is what is right in front of us.

    "The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline."
    -Bum Phillips
    You can be told somethimg over and over again...but until you exsperience it you never learn.

    "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain."
    -Emily Dickinson.
    I think what Emily was trying to say is if you can help one person, then your life was worth it because that one person can go on to help others.

    "A zebra does not change its spots."
    - Vice President Al Gore
    You cant change who you really are on the inside.

    By Blogger Mr. Kenney, at 8/23/2006 10:28 AM  

  • For Katie Erickson:

    “War is Peace.”
    -1984 by George Orwell
    This reminded me of America’s war against Terrorism, and I believe it’s true. If we weren’t going to war with Terrorism then there would be no hope for peace in the future.
    “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
    -Buddah
    This is so true. Whenever someone does you wrong or upsets you, even if they aren’t sorry the only thing you can do is forgive them so you can move on, if not the anger will eat you away.
    “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.”
    -Buddah
    This reminds me of how important it is to choose your best friends wisely. You can be friendly to a lot of people, but be careful to who you consider your true friends because your friends have a lot of influence over you whether you realize it or not.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.”
    -Mark Twain
    If Mark Twain meant that nice and expensive clothes is important to being influential in society then I have lost so much respect for him. That is a load of poop! I do not think our character and opinion should be judged or measured by the material of our clothing and our possessions!
    “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”
    -Mark Twain
    Okay now I feel a little better about this quote of Mark Twains. I do agree that in order to be secure and confident in yourself, you first have to approve and love yourself.
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
    -Walt Disney
    I can so see how Walt Disney would say something like this, look how much he accomplished and you can see that he probably did a lot more doing than talking. I wish I was as productive.

    For Ashton Steuer:

    1.) You are a hippie. Tyler Henry
    My boyfriend told me that I am turning into a hippie and I don't agree with him.

    2.) Make sure you have all of your homework turned in. Mr. Sherbondy
    My math teacher said that yesterday and I made sure I got all of my homework turned in.

    3.) In high tide or low tide I'll be by your side. Bob Marley
    These are lyrics from a Bob Marley song and I think that no matter what you should always stay by your friend side.

    4.) Make sure your turn in your postcards at the end of class. Mrs. Pascall
    My Marine zScience teacher said that to the whole class yesterday, she gave them an idea of how much time they had left, but what did you know it I was already done.

    5.) The surfs break and refelctions fade. Jack Johnson
    I like this line from Jack Johnson's song Upside down because i agree with it totally and completely.

    By Blogger Mr. Kenney, at 8/26/2006 2:37 PM  

  • For Raihana Rodriguez:
    "[ F]ollow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be. "

    ~Joseph Campbell

    " I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

    ~ "Found this printed on a decorated paper towel roll. "

    " You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover will be yourself. "

    ~Alan Alda

    " Private victories precede public victories. "

    ~ Stephen R. Covey

    " In life we either have reasons or results... "

    ~ Peter McWilliams

    " Good timber does not grow with ease; the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees. "

    ~J. Willard Marriott

    ~Raihana

    By Blogger Mr. Kenney, at 8/26/2006 3:49 PM  

  • For Raihana:

    Quote by: Joseph Campbell

    I chose this quote because I believe when you follow your heart you never know where you might end up, this is what this quote also means to me. For ex. If i choose to pursue art,writing, and music, ( I will :)(some of my own bliss), where will those roads take me, and who and what doors will open up to me on my journey?

    By Blogger Mr. Kenney, at 8/26/2006 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home